Thursday, April 23, 2009

Scold the Cold

It was Scold the Cold day at school and only one of my three school-aged children wanted to dress up for the occasion. Even though it was still cold and a bit snowy outside the kids were encouraged to dress in Hawaiian type clothing. Here is my one participating child. Isn't she a doll? She is wearing a dress that my mother made me when I was 3 or 4 years old. She wore it as a shirt and she looks smashing in it.





Exhasted from her dramatic photo shoot, she rests on the hardwood floor.

3 comments:

Jacki said...

That last picture is adorable!

Ashlee said...

Sometimes I wear summer clothes when it is cold to try to get the weather to change. It doesn't work--but I wish it would. She looks adorable!

Anonymous said...

My girls also loved to wear that exact little dress. I am glad I kept it repaired so that Abby could enjoy it too. I can still see you in it. That dress sure has got a lot of good use!