For months I was trying to think of a way to establish a habit of more effective family home evenings. Ideas would come to me and when they came I wrote them down. This is the current system I have come up with. Our FHEs coordinate with the monthly Primary theme in order to strengthen what is being taught at church. The first week is a scripture story that correlates with the theme. The second week is a conference talk that correlates with the theme. The third week is centered around a scripture mastery scripture, and the fourth week we talk about the gospel vocabulary and go over the Article of Faith for the month. There is a memorization chart on the side. Every person in the family is able to memorize the song they are learning in Primary, the scripture mastery scripture, or the Article of Faith of the month for one sticker each. When we reach 50 our family gets to spend a fun-filled night in a hotel. There is a bonus 10 at the bottom that when reached we get to go out to dinner as a family in a sit down restaurant.
I want my children to know, to REALLY KNOW that they are a child of God. When you know that, and continue to remember that, you want to do the things that He would want you to do (ie: be kind to others, show love freely, help others when they are in need of help, etc.). I love my children deeply and hope that these lessons will continue to be with them through all the years of their lives. I know it is my responsibility as a parent to teach these important things.
The kids have really enjoyed trying to memorize and pass off things. With our FHE organized like this, there has been a lot of laughter and excitement on Monday nights! Here we come Marriott!

1 comment:
Can I come with you to the Marriott? I'll memorize anything you want me to.
Post a Comment