Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hair in Rags

We were so fortunate to have Grandma Bastian (my mom) come for a two night visit. She is now home from her mission in Nauvoo. Like the old Primary song goes, "It's always fun for everyone when Grandma comes." How true that is. One night she put Abby's hair up on rags. Wouldn't you know that I didn't get a picture of Abby's hair AFTER the rags were taken out! . We cut up a homemade shirt that I was NEVER going to wear. You know one of those shirts that you keep as a "someday-if-I-ever-paint-my-house-again-I'll wear-this" kind of shirt. It's a good thing I kept it because it made great rags.

My mom puts her own hair up in curlers every night. She can get ready for the day in 15 minutes flat, and I'm not talking about throwing herself together. I mean she looks like a meticulously polished dream. This is just ONE of the amazing things about her. I love my mother!

7 comments:

The Mathews Family said...

You MUST show me how to do this! I'm imagining having a Pioneer Sleepover party when the girls get older. How FUN! And I would have loved to see the after hair. I bet Abby had such a wonderful time.
-Jessica

shannonbrems said...

The hillarious part is that you once owned a shirt that looked like it was neon orange and had multi-colored stars on it!

Ashlee said...

I agree with Shannon's comment! Thank goodness you don't have to do that every night!

Croslands said...

Your mom is so adorable. Thanks for including a picture of her.

Rindee said...

That old shirt made darling rag curlers!
I used to put my hair in rag curlers when I was young, but it looks like this is done differently. I'd love to learn how your mom does it. I'm sure it's the RIGHT way. And I love the pin curls in the front. I've never thought of doing that. OR using barrettes for pins!

Anonymous said...

Where is the after picture???

Anonymous said...

Mom and I took a look at your blog together. She said she did the sister missionaries hair in rags while she was on her mission. She's just great!!