Monday, August 25, 2008

Self-Discovery

This life is such a wonderful schooling experience. I, for one, feel as though I am learning something new SEVERAL times a day. Being a wife and mother lends to much learning. I love my family fiercely. Each one of my children has different gifts and talents. I enjoy each one of them so much. In an attempt at helping my children in on a little self-discovery of their own I asked them yesterday what they want to be when they grow up.

 Hayden (10 years old) said, “I want be a trillionaire and I want to be the boss. I would like to do something with adventure.” That sounds like a great idea to me! I let him know that being a successful boss means being a great leader.

Abby (7 years old) said, “I want to be a puppy trainer or a veterinarian.” Hayden found this quite funny because she doesn’t really care about our family dog, Turk.

Bastian (5 years old) said, “I want to be a billionaire so I can buy a hundred Webkinz.” I hope that with inflation his purchase of 100 Webkinz will leave him with some leftover cash.

Weston (3 years old) said, “I want to be Scooby Doo.” Abby said, “That is impossible.” Weston forcefully reiterated that he wants to be Scooby Doo. Hayden agreed that it could happen because Weston could later legally change his name to Scooby Doo. Hayden is a great problem solver. Oh, how I love my children.

9 comments:

Ashlee said...

That is awesome!! I love the webkinz thing and that Hayden told Weston he really could be Scooby Doo. I wonder what I wanted to be when I was 5.

Zach and Sarah said...

I asked Kye what he would buy me if he had a million dollars. He said, "Nothing, but I would buy myself a Webkinz." If he had thought of it, I'm sure he would have said 100 Webkinz!

Debbie said...

So so funny. It's a good thing you wrote it down so you can show it to them when they are grown up!

Nobody Special said...

i was just saying that i'm nothing TOO special, and your kids no how to pick a future. i just want to be a Mexican.

Nobody Special said...

and apparently i can't speak da english. no should be know.

Croslands said...

Well that just made me laugh. That was too cute. It's good to have you back on the computer. Any good first day of school picture?

Nobody Special said...

ok. i changed it.

Croslands said...

yes

Jeanine Reynolds said...

Tell Hayden to keep mommies friends in mind when he becomes a trillionare. I love their ambition.