Thursday, August 7, 2008
Dinosaur Museum
We were invited to the Dinosaur Museum by my wonderful friend Sarah and her children. The kids practiced their ferocious faces while amidst these dinosaur bones. They all look like carnivores to me.
Paleontology was never as easy as this. Each child has a brush that sweeps the sand off the bones hidden beneath. Then you pile the sand back onto the bones and start over again.
We got to make our very own dinosaurs out of pipe cleaners and googly eyes.
So this is what I came back to after the whole......let's see, hour and a half excursion. In my haste to catch up with Sarah, I forgot to shut the trunk of our van! My purse was still in the van and no one wanted to steal all the paper products in my trunk from the last Primary Activity day party. I do love Utah.
This has got to be one of my favorite parts of the museum. I always have been quite scared of sharks. But as one of Hayden's books says, "Sharks don't like the taste of human flesh." What? Yeah, ridiculous.
The museum is filled with hands on projects. This one lets you know how it would feel to have the whole world in your hands. It kinda makes you want to break out in song. "They've got the whole world in their hands, they've got the whole world....."
This is the hands on sand molding activity. You put an apron on the kids and let them play in the watery sand till their hands are wrinkly.
Weston has to be confined to a stroller on outings like these as he is a...hmmm, not a wanderer but a runner-off-er.
Where is this child's mother? It's HANDS ON....not BODY ON. I blame the parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah, where were that kids parents? Looks like you had fun! I am glad that your papers and purse were still in your van. The more of your blog I read, the more I miss you!
That first picture of all the scary kids and a bored/distracted Weston is classic! He's always on to the next thing before you're quite ready. I love that little guy! Looks like a fun place.
I can't believe that your purse was still in your car. And that's hilarious that nobody in that hour and a half bothered to actually shut your van door. They probably just thought that you left it open because you didn't have keys that would unlock your van and you didn't want to be locked out. And that was nice of them to consider you that way....
Love you!
-Jessica
Post a Comment