Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Visiting the Salisburys in Basin City, Washington

The kids and I drove up to Washington to visit my sister, Krista, her husband, John, and their kids: Kelsey, Lindsey, Justin, Jenna and Jared. A fun time was had by all! We played games, ate delicious food, built things with Legos, swam, and played Laser Tag with the laser guns we brought from home.



After swimming we had quite the scare when we couldn't find Weston. We knew he came home in the van but didn't know if he wandered off on the farm somewhere. We ran around frantically calling his name thinking he could've followed a kitty into a far away field somewhere when we found him in a heap by all of the stuff by the front door. The poor, tired little guy barely made it past the front door before his swimming induced drowsiness got the best of him.
We were all VERY relieved to find him!




"When the party was over," as my Dad used to say, we left Basin City early in the morning and headed back home to Utah. I awoke the kids and put them in the van with their pillows and blankets. Hayden is laying all the way down in the back seat and had already fallen back to sleep. They relaxed while we drove to Pasco and got breakfast at McDonald's. We didn't make very many stops on the way home and arrived in Spanish Fork, Utah safe and sound. I love modern day travel. Road trips are the bomb!

3 comments:

Zach and Sarah said...

Look at all that sunshine! Looks like it was fun. I can't wait to start some road trips this year.

Amanda and Steve said...

Your kids are little fishies in the summer! I love the story and picture of Weston.

Keith, Tricia, Penny & Calvin said...

I can't wait for roadtrips to be the bomb! Right now, with Calvin, they're what happens when the dust clears from a bomb! Seriously though, looks like you had alot of fun.