Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Star Valley, Wyoming

We were invited by our friends, the Martin's, to come visit the place where Val Martin grew up. The Christensen family, another friendly family from our ward was also invited to come. We stayed in Val's grandparent's house that is now owned by the family since their passing. It is a beautiful and spacious property! There was an old swing set, a fire pit, a field for riding four wheelers, a creek, a bridge, a hill, and the most gorgeous scenery you'd ever want to sit and gaze at. It was so much fun! We went into "town" and purchased some fireworks and a few little trinkets for the kids. The boys were in heaven blowing things up and shooting guns. It was a highlight of our summer. We left the day before school ended. I followed Leslie Christensen in her minivan with her kids. Rob, Val, and Dallen had left the day prior so they could ride four wheelers along the countryside before the wives and kidlets arrived. Lynda left earlier that morning with her kids. I picked up Hayden after school and we headed for cowboy country. He attended 5th grade Seven Peaks day where they get to go to Seven Peaks Water park for the whole day with their grade and he was so burned! I felt so bad for him. He took several doses of Ibuprofen on the trip and we rubbed a lot of Aloe Vera with lidocaine to soothe the burn.


Mmmmm, roasted marshmallows! I am a sucker for them, and so are my kids. Weston's looks like coal on a stick!


2 comments:

shannonbrems said...

Do you remember I am from Star Valley?? Can you believe I grew up there? I can't......when are we hanging out?

Amanda and Steve said...

I like it when you update your blog because I get lots of posts to read! Wyoming looks beautiful!