I signed it when I was 3 ½ years old. I was born on April 14, 1976. We talked about the importance of families, and what it means to watch out for each other, strengthen one another, and encourage each other. Friends come and go in life, but your family is constant. I told them about when Hayden was a few days old, I had just come home from the hospital and I was rocking him in the rocking chair. I started singing the song Families Can Be Together Forever. I had loved this song in my youth, but as a mother, the song had new meaning in my life and I started to cry. I could feel the weight of my charge as a mother to not lose this precious child in my arms. As our family welcomed more children into our home; Abby, Bastian, then Weston, I realized now more than ever the importance of the temple covenants I had made when I married Rob. I don’t want to lose one of my children. I told them, “I want all of you with me in Heaven. That is why it is so important to make righteous decisions.” I can tell they felt the importance of the things I was trying to teach. Bastian said, “You were about to make ME cry.” I am glad that they were touched by this significant message. We then signed a LeBaron Family Mission Statement with the same words that were written by Mindy. Weston is exactly the same age as I was when I signed the Bastian Family Mission Statement (His birthday is April 15, 2005). I don’t remember that Family Home Evening from long ago. Even though he may not remember our Family Home Evening taught on this day like his older siblings will, I hope that the importance of this day and this message will be as influential for him as it was and still is for me.Saturday, March 7, 2009
Special Christmas Eve FHE
We had a special Family Home Evening (even though it was Wednesday) about families on Christmas Eve. We read the Bastian Family Mission Statement penned by my sister, Mindy, 29 years ago. Here is a copy of that document, signed and dated December 24, 1979.
I signed it when I was 3 ½ years old. I was born on April 14, 1976. We talked about the importance of families, and what it means to watch out for each other, strengthen one another, and encourage each other. Friends come and go in life, but your family is constant. I told them about when Hayden was a few days old, I had just come home from the hospital and I was rocking him in the rocking chair. I started singing the song Families Can Be Together Forever. I had loved this song in my youth, but as a mother, the song had new meaning in my life and I started to cry. I could feel the weight of my charge as a mother to not lose this precious child in my arms. As our family welcomed more children into our home; Abby, Bastian, then Weston, I realized now more than ever the importance of the temple covenants I had made when I married Rob. I don’t want to lose one of my children. I told them, “I want all of you with me in Heaven. That is why it is so important to make righteous decisions.” I can tell they felt the importance of the things I was trying to teach. Bastian said, “You were about to make ME cry.” I am glad that they were touched by this significant message. We then signed a LeBaron Family Mission Statement with the same words that were written by Mindy. Weston is exactly the same age as I was when I signed the Bastian Family Mission Statement (His birthday is April 15, 2005). I don’t remember that Family Home Evening from long ago. Even though he may not remember our Family Home Evening taught on this day like his older siblings will, I hope that the importance of this day and this message will be as influential for him as it was and still is for me.
I signed it when I was 3 ½ years old. I was born on April 14, 1976. We talked about the importance of families, and what it means to watch out for each other, strengthen one another, and encourage each other. Friends come and go in life, but your family is constant. I told them about when Hayden was a few days old, I had just come home from the hospital and I was rocking him in the rocking chair. I started singing the song Families Can Be Together Forever. I had loved this song in my youth, but as a mother, the song had new meaning in my life and I started to cry. I could feel the weight of my charge as a mother to not lose this precious child in my arms. As our family welcomed more children into our home; Abby, Bastian, then Weston, I realized now more than ever the importance of the temple covenants I had made when I married Rob. I don’t want to lose one of my children. I told them, “I want all of you with me in Heaven. That is why it is so important to make righteous decisions.” I can tell they felt the importance of the things I was trying to teach. Bastian said, “You were about to make ME cry.” I am glad that they were touched by this significant message. We then signed a LeBaron Family Mission Statement with the same words that were written by Mindy. Weston is exactly the same age as I was when I signed the Bastian Family Mission Statement (His birthday is April 15, 2005). I don’t remember that Family Home Evening from long ago. Even though he may not remember our Family Home Evening taught on this day like his older siblings will, I hope that the importance of this day and this message will be as influential for him as it was and still is for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love the family mission statement! Ever since we saw a friend's mission statement (it was actually painted onto a wall in beautiful script and then they had a stained glass window to represent the 4 main points... yeah, we won't be doing THAT! :) ), David and I have talked about writing one. I love the simplicity of your family's and that you all signed it. That is great!
Post a Comment