Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thanksgiving at the Salisbury's

We safely arrived in Washington at my sister's house for Thanksgiving. Abby, Jenna, and Weston are below with the kitten Marie. Here is what we saw EVERY time we opened the front door. With a crowd like this on the front porch, the door was opened OFTEN....by Weston.


Thanksgiving dinner was oh so delicious! Turkey, potatoes, gravy, stuffing, mmm yam yam, rolls, jam, orangesicle jello/pudding with whipped topping, corn, and nut cups with nuts and m&ms. The thought of this dinner still makes me salivate.
Krista is quite the hostess. Everything was beautiful AND delicious.



We had so much fun playing phase 10 one night and I said how surprised I was that we weren't decorating her tree. Krista said, "I didn't think you would want to do that." I said, "Why would you think that?" Krista said, "Jenna, hurry downstairs and get all the Christmas decorations!" Abby and Jenna dragged container after container up the stairs and we put up the tree and began decorating for Christmas.
It was so fun helping Krista decorate her tree. I almost never get a chance to help my sisters and brothers that live far away from me. While we were decorating Kelsey and Lindsey practiced a beautiful duet of the song Sleigh Ride on the piano. They are both great pianists. It makes me wish I would've been a little more serious when it came to learning to play the piano.

This is Krista's tree before I left. After I left she put on even more icicles and hanging balls on her curtain rods. It looked beautiful. I love Christmas.

We had so much fun visiting, playing, and laughing. I am so thankful for family.
Notable Quotables

Kelsey and I went to John's parents house and gave them the extra food Krista had prepared for them as their meal. It's just the two of them and they are so old and cute. Lyman has so many quotes he's memorized over the years and he told us these two while we were there.

"You can't make money by depositing your hind quarters in an easy chair."

"If it's only the view from where you sit that makes you fear defeat, life is full of many isle. Why don't you get up and change your seat?"

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

That looked fun, delicious and beautiful. I am really hungry right now, but my laziness is winning the battle because I don't want to put any effort into making something. I think we need to visit Krista--I miss her and her family. You guys did an awesome job of decorating her tree. I wish I could have seen it in person!

The Mathews Family said...

You are going to make this world a happier, better, and much more beautiful place... one Christmas tree at a time! You should hire yourself out. Can I make a reservation for next year?! *wink*
-Jessica