Monday, May 18, 2009

The Deep Desire of the Little Eggshell

While Abby and I were making cookies, she cracked the egg and got eggshell in the bowl. We made up a story about this little eggshell whose strongest desire was to become part of a cookie. The day came when he hoisted himself into the dough bowl. It was hard work getting in the bowl. Would he be taken out and thrown in the garbage with his other eggshell comrades or would his dream be realized?His dream DID become a reality. Do you see the satisfaction and pleasure this little eggshell has having accomplished his dream? The moral of our story is to dream away, work hard and someday you may end up just where you dreamed you'd be.
I read a great quote the other day that says:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.--Anonymous

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

I like the quote. I also like that you let the eggshell live.

Sal-my-gal said...

LOVE the quote. I think I'll have to pass it along.