The sticker chart helped each of my children recognize numbers and count to 100. Bastian completed his reading lessons and got to pick out the toy of his choice from Wal-Mart. He chose to get Star Wars Complete Saga for the Wii.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Bastian Completes His Reading Lessons
I have used this book Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons for Hayden, Abby and now Bastian. All of my children are GREAT spellers. It has been worthwhile to sit down with each child and do these lessons. Don't be fooled, I said it was worthwhile--I did not say that it was always fun. Sometimes it was fun, sometimes it was torture. With Hayden I did it at the kitchen table. He was pretty focused for much of the time, but he was my first and I wanted to do this book perfectly and grew impatient at times because of wiggling and what not. When it was Abby's turn, well she did NOT want to sit still, or even stay on the chair. We took a break and resumed again a little later. I learned that bed time was a GREAT time for Abby to do her reading lessons. She didn't want to go to bed, so doing a reading lesson was the perfect excuse to stay up just a little longer. With Bastian, I did it during the day, but I wasn't so strict with reading the story a second time like the lesson suggests. Bastian and I had our reading lessons on a comfy couch.
The sticker chart helped each of my children recognize numbers and count to 100. Bastian completed his reading lessons and got to pick out the toy of his choice from Wal-Mart. He chose to get Star Wars Complete Saga for the Wii.
He is such a great reader and a great boy!
The sticker chart helped each of my children recognize numbers and count to 100. Bastian completed his reading lessons and got to pick out the toy of his choice from Wal-Mart. He chose to get Star Wars Complete Saga for the Wii.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
As I recall, as well, Bastian was always saying, "Mom, can we do a reading lesson?" I can see why he wanted to now--Lego Star Wars is pretty fun!
Post a Comment