Thursday, June 26, 2008
My First 5K
I ran my first 5K this month. It was the Art City Days fun run/walk. It was raining the whole race and my coat was soaked by the end of the race. I ran it with my friend Emily Gunderson. She was so nice to run with me the whole way even though she could've left me in the dust....or the mud. My hair looks curly from all the rain. I ran it in 33 minutes and 28 seconds. There was a six year old that finished the race right behind me. He told his Mom that it was a easy to medium run...but mostly easy. To me it wasn't THAT easy. Three miles feels like a long way to me! That's probably why I am so pleased with myself. We stayed for the prize drawing after the race, but Emily and I didn't win any of the big prizes....and there were MANY. We did catch a couple of frizbees thrown into the crowd and I caught a little blue football as well. I went home happy because I had reached my goal of running a 5K this summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
You go girl! That's AWESOME!!!
Hey, I got your invite and your blog is darling! I love the top ten list...such a good idea :^) And I am impressed that you ran a 5K...what a woman!! I don't mind working out, but to me running is the worst so hats off to you!!
That is TOTALLY Awesome--I look up to you in SO many ways!
Yay Rachel! Congratulations! I really would love to love running. But not so much... =o)
-Jessica
Congratulations Rachel! You are an inspiration!
Good Job Rachel! That's on my list of things to do sometime in my life. lol
I made that goal once...and then I got pregnant that year. I haven't re-tried that goal yet, but maybe I should. It would probably help me get rid of these stubborn pounds that won't come off! I don't love running, either, but it is way funner if you have good company. How long did you "train" for it?
You're fantastic. So what is your next goal? I'm sure it's a good one.
Post a Comment