Thursday, May 29, 2008

We Finally Made the Jump

Rob and I finally gave in to our urges to buy a dangerous trampoline. While putting it together I read the jumping instructions. The warnings and usage instructions sent shivers of fear down my spine. I thought that maybe we should pack it back up in the box and take it back to the store. I know EXACTLY why our parents never purchased a trampoline. Thankfully, my longing to lay on the trampoline at night and look at the stars overtook my fears and we have been enjoying it ever since. Our children have had hours of playtime fun, as shown below. It serves as a tool for sibling togetherness. Why didn't it say THAT on the instructions? Rob and I have already been out a few times to look at the night sky after the kids were in bed. As children, we pined for trampolines of our own, but our dreams were never realized...until now. See, dreams do come true!


4 comments:

The Mathews Family said...

Yeah, according to the usage instructions on ours you're not supposed to barely even bounce. Let alone somersaults, bum wars, etc. Oh well. Bring on the broken femurs, I say! Besides, it wouldn't really be summer vacation if someone didn't have a Figure-8 collar bone brace on right?

I'm glad you guys got one. You can already see how much your kids enjoy it. I know my girls love playing on yours... and throwing things over the fence...
-Jessica

Rachel L said...

"That is such a great picture!" "Oh, thank you (modest)." "No one is commenting on your posts." "I know!" "I think it's because they forget how fun it is to read posts."

Debbie said...

Okay, so my kids keep begging us for a trampoline. They are probably going to have to be living their dreams through their own kids, I'm afraid, just like you and Rob! It looks like a lot of fun, and much safer than those that were around when we were kids.

Sarah Eagar said...

I love it Rachel. We were so nervous to get one too, but have found that there is nothing more fun than playing on the tramp with the boys after a long day! I am so happy to be in touch with you again...you will always remain on my really cool person list. You're awesome!